This is my recipe for Coq au Riesling. I swap out the regular bacon for Canadian Bacon. Instead of leeks I used celery and swapped out the garlic for Tarragon, Thyme and Coriander.
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole cut-up chicken, with skin
- 10 slice of Canadian bacon diced
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Coriander (to be sprinkled on all pieces of the chicken)
- 1 tablespoon of dried Tarragon or 4 sprigs of fresh Tarragon
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 2 1/2 cups of sweet Riesling wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves (Optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with the coriander.
- In medium pot, cook the Canadian bacon on medium heat until slightly brown 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the chicken and cook them for about 4 minutes each side until the skin is browned.
- Now chop the celery and carrots.
- Add the celery, carrots, bacon and wine to the pot.
- Put the lid on and cook for 35minutes.
- Add the parsley towards about 25 minutes into the cooking.
For a side you can steam some broccoli, or add a piece of avocado, or pair the chicken with some simple couscous.
**In the video I mention that the recipe calls for 4 carrots and 4 celery stalks. I should state that I had already cut 2 of the carrots and 2 of the celery prior and then cut the rest on camera.