Sometimes when I create a new dish, I end up using parts of that recipe like a filling or a sauce, to create a completely new dish.
In this case, I had made a Ravioli Caprese dish I hadn’t made in a few years, thanks to a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis a few weeks ago. The filling was soo delicious that I decided to pair it with spaghetti. Obviously I omitted some ingredients here and there and add a few things but the end result was a creamy, cheesy, gluten-free delight!
- 1 box of Gluten Free spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/3 cup of half and half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons of cup of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of espresso (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of celery seed powder
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for the pan
In a bowl mix the ricotta, half and half*, parmesan, basil and olive oil and set aside.
Season the chicken breasts with coriander, cumin, celery seed powder and balsamic vinegar. Heat up the pan with the vegetable oil and add the chicken. Cook the chicken about 7-8 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then dice.
While the chicken is cooling, in a pot with boiling water add the salt and cook the pasta* 7-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add to the pot along with the chicken and ricotta mixture. Mix thoroughly and heat through about 2 minutes.
- 1 box of Gluten Free spaghetti = 1 box of regular spaghetti
- 1/3 cup of half and half = 1/3 cup of chicken broth