This recipe was inspired by a dish made by Katie Lee on the Food Network show ‘The Kitchen’ Her dish was Crispy Chicken Oven Wings with Miso Dip. As usual I revised the whole recipe to things I can have as well as what I had in my kitchen and came up with Gluten Free Crispy Chicken w/Creme Fraiche Dip!! Enjoy!
Nonstick cooking spray, for the baking sheet
2 pounds small legs/thighs
Iodized sea salt
1/2 cup all-purpose Gluten Free flour ( I use Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1/4 cup baking powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon lemon peel
1pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of chervil
1 teaspoon paprika
Creme Fraiche Dip
One 1/4 cup of Creme Fraiche
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 pinch cumin
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of pinot grigio
1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste
- For the wings: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and rest of the spices and mix thoroughly. Add wings to the mixture and toss to coat. Shake the wings to remove any excess mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, flipping halfway through, until browned and crispy, about 50-55 minutes.
- For the dip: Whisk together the creme fraiche vinegar, wine and spices in a small bowl until combined.
Serve and enjoy !!!